Monday, January 19, 2009

Weight Watchers ending week 1

Beginning Weight: not ready to publish on the internet
Current Weight: still not brave enough
Total Weight Loss: 3 pounds

Ok, so 3 pound could just be water weight, but I have to start somewhere! Zach started his Weight Watchers meetings on January 12. He has tried the program before and it worked really well for him. I also started the program on the same day. I am not attending meetings, I don't see a point in both of us paying to go. So I am just following the books and what he learns in class. Personally I do want to change my eating habits, but we are also supporting each other through every temptation.

Ultimate Temptation for the week: The stupid sugar cookie with colored sprinkles. I attended my works annual meeting where cookies were provided as refreshments. I REALLY wanted the stupid sugar cookie with colored sprinkles. But I resisted. The next day I walk into the break room to clock in, and cookies left over from the meeting the night before where on the table, I still resisted. At 10am I went to get my morning snack of pineapple (1 weight watchers point because it was in light syrup) and there sat the last cookie...THE STUPID SUGAR COOKIE WITH COLORED SPRINKLES!!! The only cookie left was the one I wanted. I grabbed the pineapple and walked away. Only to fight with myself and return to the break room where I picked it up and took it to my office...I DIDN'T EAT IT! I figured the point value only to find one stinking cookie would add 3 points to my day. I am only allowed 29 points a day, so to me 3 points is A LOT! I took that cookie back to the break room and walked away.

I have decided that my first goal will be 10% of my starting weight. This weekend we bought a digital scale to measure out what we eat accurately and two Weight Watchers cookbooks. I can say that writing down everything I eat makes me more aware of what I am putting into my body. It also helps me make healthier choices. And you really do get to eat REAL food. No people McDonald's is NOT real food. So good luck to everyone else out there struggling with making healthier choices!

3 comments:

  1. Weigh to go! LOL! Losing weight is hard!!! I'm finding that I'm my own worst enemy!!!! It's nice that you two are doing it together. My husband is so lucky he doesn't have the temptations that I do and he stays about the same weight all the time. I on the other hand have gained 30 since we started dating almost 9 years ago! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Check out my blog for your award :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy your hubby is braving it with you...mine wont and should. It sure does make it easier. I am currently 208, and am 5'3". I have yo-yo'ed back and forth all my adult life, esp after having children. But this time I intend to make the change for life. I joined a gym, which was a previous hate for me, and have just portioned my foods. I love going to the gym, ironically, and expect for this to stick this time. I hope we can encourage eachother cuz it is hard.

    ReplyDelete